Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nappy rash

(7 Posts)
magicboy79 Sun 04-Sep-16 10:52:07

Never really experienced nappy rash with my first boy but second is 10 months old and his bum has been red for 2 days and now there's a bit of blood on the nappy. Had just been using a Johnsons nappy rash cream I had in the drawer, but any recommendations of best creams to clear it up?

LittleBearPad Sun 04-Sep-16 10:54:54

Metanium. It's brilliant. Hope it gets better.

isthisdirtyorclean Sun 04-Sep-16 10:56:21

Hi - the only thing I found effective was Metanium. It's a yellow ointment with a dry texture, and it creates a really good barrier. My sister in law recommended it to me. I think I got it from Boots. My DD is now 14, and I still keep it in the house, should a nasty wet rash occur somewhere on someone's body! :-D Good luck.

dementedpixie Sun 04-Sep-16 11:02:14

Metanium with a layer of sudocrem on the top

doyouseeme1 Sun 04-Sep-16 11:05:20

My LO gets really bad nappy rash when he's teething, nothing worked even metanium. I did lots of googling and found people recommending whisked egg whites so I gave it a go and it worked wonders! Nappy rash cleared within a day.

milkjetmum Sun 04-Sep-16 11:06:30

I love drapolene, worked a trick for both dds who had nappy rash which bled and worked fast.

If wet wipes are stinging raw skin (horrible to be wiping a bumper causing squeals sad) I used oil for a few days (cotton wool in olive oil) until stinging passed

SirKillalot Sun 04-Sep-16 17:44:48

Love metanium. You don't need much and you don't need to clean it off every time the point with it is that it creates a barrier. It does stain clothes though so be careful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now