Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

*sigh* DS(4) problems with nipples.

(5 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Wed 31-Aug-16 11:41:58

This is a ridiculous issue i apologise but I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Day os 4, he's always rubbed one of his nipples as a comfort thing, it used to be as he was falling asleep but now he's doing it all the time to the point where the one nipple is always inflamed and red but not sore enough to stop him doing it!
All his tshirts have a worn area over that nipple too.
I need to break the habit but I don't know how or if I should worry about damage to that nipple because it's so red.

Unfairestofthemall Wed 31-Aug-16 11:43:49

Maybe get some lansinoh (breastfeeding cracked nipple repair cream) for the cracked nipple.
I'm not sure on breaking the habit though sorry

VenusRising Wed 31-Aug-16 11:51:38

Omg this reminds me of a barrister I knew. He was always rubbing his nipples. It was really horrific as there he was a grown man creepily rubbing himself talking to you.

Better nip (sorry) this one in the bud.

I don't know, maybe put a large plaster over his nipple and get him to wear a glove? Nipple tissue is erect when stimulated, so it's considered sexual stimulation. Like masturbation.

You really have to stop him stimulating himself before he's in school, or worse still an adult.

My acquaintance is still single at 50.
Act now. See your GP if needed.

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 31-Aug-16 12:35:35

It's not cracked it's just to look at the 2 nipples together one is like a regular toddler nipple and one is bright red and always erect.
He does it through his clothes outside and lifts his shirt up indoors so he knows he's doing it. I might stick a plaster over it and see if that helps.

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 31-Aug-16 12:41:33

I hope no one is offended by this. You can see the left one is the one he rubs and the right is barely noticeable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now