Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler foreskin

(2 Posts)
Luckymummy22 Fri 26-Aug-16 18:26:47

I'm getting really confused now!!
Last week we had my 21 month old at out of hours because of pain when peeing. In the end they treated for a suspected UTI. But she did say his foreskin was very tight. GP was concerned about how tight it was but spoke to registrar (I guess paeditric as OOH at hospital) who said it sounded normal. Asked if we pulled it back to clean - no I never touch.
Now at GP again today as it looks sore. Treated for thrush possibly because he's had so many antibiotics recently.
Gp today (different from before) said did he have issues peeing? I guess because it is so tight.
She told us not to use bubble bath & to try & pull it back a little in bath to clean.
I always thought you should not do that.
So now i'm thoroughly confused.
Really don't want him to end up circumsised. If it needs done in future then fine but I don't want to do anything that can increase those chances.
This is the 1st time he's had willy problems. I need to look at how he wees I guess. Normally has nappy on so I'm not aware of an issue.

dementedpixie Fri 26-Aug-16 18:33:57

It will still be attached at that age so I wouldn't try to retract it. Some don't retract until puberty. I'd monitor and only think of doing anything if there are recurrent infections

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now