Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swimming Rash

(4 Posts)
mummc2 Fri 19-Aug-16 18:36:31

Hi I'm on holiday abroad and my daughter is fair with auburn hair, the first couple of days she got a lot of colour so we put her in a tshirt instead of swimming costume to cover her shoulders but she now has a rash just on her body (nothing on arms legs etc) do you think it's the top rubbing and should go back to costume or maybe prickly heat??
She doesn't say it itches

ThanksForAllTheFish Sat 20-Aug-16 14:42:50

It could be prickly heat or maybe an allergy rash.

She could be having a reaction to whatever the t shirt was washed in? Or if it's a new t shirt that's not yet been washed it could be the finish. Have you used a new after sun or sun cream on her? Has she tried any new foods on holiday?

elephantoverthehill Sat 20-Aug-16 14:55:24

Is she swimming in the sea or a pool. My Ds 14 has got an inexplicable rash which is not itchy. He has been in the sea a lot this year, GP thinks it could be that or possibly an after reaction to being concussed. He was prescribed some mild ecezma cream which is sort of working. Before the script we were using sudacream which seemed to be doing the same job.

mummc2 Sun 21-Aug-16 19:44:16

Thanks everyone not a new top wore a couple different ones same sun cream always use. It seemed to be worse under arms and near waist which seems where clothes would irritate so went to local pharmacy spoke to pharmacist and she said wearing tops not meant to be in water for long periods caused irritation like nappy rash skin can't breathe and gave me bepanthonal (Spanish) seems to be working already and have just put her in bikini bottoms no top as its sore and keep topping her up with factor 50 so she doesn't burn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now