Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler hair

(6 Posts)
fluffikins Mon 15-Aug-16 12:24:03

My 15 month old daughter has sprouted random black hairs on her back and shoulders. They're not like the pale peach fuzz she has everywhere, they're long and black and at the moment quite sparse, so one every few centimetres. Is this normal?

This is a photo of her shoulder

fluffikins Thu 18-Aug-16 14:13:31

Just bumping as would like to know if other people have this too or whether I should worry

Ellieboolou27 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:16:09

I can't see anything hmm, keep an eye on it and speak to your health visitor or gp if it gets worse.

fluffikins Thu 18-Aug-16 14:29:29

There's just one hair in the photo - here's another so she just had these sporadic long black hairs. I feel awful for her as if it stays she'll be teased mercilessly

Ellieboolou27 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:47:02

Aw I doubt very much it's something that can't be treated (if it actually needs to be), only thing I can think of is a reaction to ant creams such as steroids, or it may be due to a growth spurt and hormones sorting themselves out.

fluffikins Thu 18-Aug-16 17:11:43

She hasn't had any steroids. I hadn't thought about a growth spurt. Hopefully it'll sort itself out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now