Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Creatinine level?

(7 Posts)
callmedizzy Mon 15-Aug-16 11:34:31

What should my sons level be I can't work it out he had bloods taken and they said it was slightly high at 69 but I don't know how high it should be and whether 69 is marginally high or mid high
My son is 6
He has more bloods booked for Friday - could his levels correct themselves?
Thank you x

Sofabitch Mon 15-Aug-16 11:41:22

Varies by hospital and test method. Here is an example

callmedizzy Mon 15-Aug-16 11:47:01

So he should be 25-42 ? Is that right

Sofabitch Mon 15-Aug-16 11:56:52

Every hospital lab will have some variation in reference levels. You can ask for the reference range with the test result. Some will Base them on age or weight. Gender plays a role too.

If the levels drop on their own depends why they were increased in the 1st place.

TheHubblesWindscreenWipers Mon 15-Aug-16 12:01:25

It's really difficult to comment on one individual result. They look at the whole history and the other results too. So a slightly elevated result could be anything from utterly benign to indicative of a problem depending on other results and the medical history.

Creatinine is used as an indicator of how well the kidneys are working so elevated creatinine could mean the kidney is under strain. However, it can also be caused by dehydration, eating too much protein, or if he's not been eating well recently.

They will do more blood and possibly Urine samples to get a better overall picture of what's happening. It's slightly high, but not 'panic' high - if it had been, they'd probably have kept him in.

callmedizzy Mon 15-Aug-16 12:23:52

He is/was not in hospital when they took them, he has an underlying condition called Jxg he came up with some additional spots so they sent him for blood tests, could this mean that the desease has spread to his organs?

callmedizzy Mon 15-Aug-16 12:26:15

Oh and yes they are doing urine on Friday too, no he I'd not dehydrated he drinks a fair amount and his diet is good.
Thank you for your help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now