Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

uneven hollow chest

(1 Post)
nonicknameseemsavailable Sat 13-Aug-16 22:25:57

I have been reading some old posts on here before posting but would like the chance to chat to other people with children in a similar situation.

It looks like my 7yr old has developed pectus excavatum/hollow chest. I hadn't noticed it until it was mentioned quietly to me by a family member a month or so ago after they saw her getting changed. I knew she was exceptionally skinny but now I see that she has a massive dip, especially on the left hand side and her bottom ribs really stick out. looking at my older daughter she has a bit of a dip but symmetrically and not very obvious really. I am going to sort out a medical appointment for her but I am very upset at the thought of her growing up with a noticeable deformity and the fact it could cause her health problems. I am not aware of a family history but my family do have a lot of symptoms pointing towards EDS type 3 (undiagnosed but lots of us affected) and I see it can be linked.

Any advice, positive stories or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now