Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sick bug or reflux in 3yo??

(5 Posts)
lem31 Fri 12-Aug-16 09:19:47

My boy got what we thought was a sick bug last week, where he was sick for a few hours (maybe 3) from 5 in the morning. By 9 he was eating like a horse, perky as you like and all fine. Last night- 7 days on he has done the exact same thing.
Both times he has been quite tired and grumpy the day before, going to bed quite tearful and not eating much. But not complaining of feeling sick and its not unusual for him not to eat tea so its hardly out of character, so I'm not sure if he was feeling poorly the day before or not. He suffered with reflux badly as a baby and so i'm wondering if his tearful bedtime and lack of food could be causing a reflux relapse, or whether his grumpiness was caused by him not feeling well the day before.
Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar - could it be an allergy? Something disgusting he has eaten? reflux? Or are there bugs that last for just 2-3 hours and reoccur??
Thanks in advance. x

tireddotcom72 Fri 12-Aug-16 09:21:33

Goggle cyclical vomiting syndrome. My daughter has it and your Dc symptoms sound similar to hers x

lem31 Fri 12-Aug-16 09:54:51

Ooh, you're right. That does sound familiar. It looks like he would need more episodes to seriously consider it, but there are certain similarities for sure.

And, that sounds awful for you and your daughter. How often does it affect her? How did you get her diagnosed? x

tireddotcom72 Fri 12-Aug-16 10:33:58

Attacks vary as her trigger is anxiety. She is 12 now so recognises the symptoms. She had chronic reflux as a baby and the symptoms never disappeared she was tested for for allergies crohns coeliacs ibs and has been under peadiatrician since birth. It was a locum that suggested it when she was about 9 we had to keep a diary of symptoms and what she was eating etc and they diagnosed from that. It's easier to manage once you know what triggers it. She has omeneprozale and ranitidine to help with the sick feelings and stomach cramps.

lem31 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:11:55

Thanks for the info. Poor girl- sounds horrible. I'll hope my lo doesn't have it, but I guess only time will tell. Thanks X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now