Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Westland lawn Resolva weedkiller - possible ingestion WWTD??

(3 Posts)
Albadross Sat 06-Aug-16 15:39:53

My son and I have been in the garden and he's been in the paddling pool. To my knowledge there was nothing in the garden that was dangerous, and I was out there with him so the little trowel I was using was stuck in the flower bed.

The doorbell rang and it's just a few steps through the house so I went and answered it. I could still hear him chattering away to his toys.

When I came back he had picked up a spray bottle of weedkiller of the type that kills dandelions but not the grass. He was spraying on to a toy he had in the pool. He's 3, and I've obviously washed him off in the shower and emptied the pool and I asked him several thousand times if he put any in his mouth or drank it, he says no. He's happily playing inside now.

Should I be taking him to A&E? What should I do??

noblegiraffe Sat 06-Aug-16 15:41:57

Phone 111, they'll contact the poisons people who have a database of this sort of thing and they'll phone you back with what to do.

Bones123 Mon 15-Aug-16 13:00:28

You can download the Safety Data Sheet from the website www.gardenhealth.com/product/resolva-lawn-weedkiller-extra-ready-to-use this has all the information (active ingredients etc) that will help the operator on 111 make a decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now