Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Confused, my 1yo didn't even flinch by a wasp sting???

(5 Posts)
FifiFerusha Thu 04-Aug-16 19:53:44

Hi,

So my 1 yo was playing in the garden this early evening when, as he proudly practised his new walking technique, I noticed something on the back of his leg. By four steps I realised it was a wasp stuck to him so had to pull it off. But honestly, he hardly noticed, no reaction at all, just wanted to keep playing. It swelled up and I washed it and applied a compress but he was none the wiser. I think I can see two stings bites on his skin also. One definite and large , one quite small.

He is in bed now and settled himself a lot faster than normal but that may be due to a very active day. I have googled and googled pain tolerance to wasp stings but the search leaves me with no insight. Everyone experiences pain from wasp skins, that is the jist of it. Why on earth hasn't he noticed and should I even be worried? Any experiences or advice much appreciated x

tinkerbellvspredator Thu 04-Aug-16 19:55:59

When DD was a toddler and we were at a farm I noticed she had red skin and blisters on her elbow looked like nettle rash. She said nothing so i didn't either. That was it!

HerRoyalNotness Thu 04-Aug-16 20:04:46

It's a weird one, a friends crawling DS crawled through a nest of fire ants and would have had about 20 sting on each leg. He didn't let out a peep! We were both shock wtf?

AnyFucker Thu 04-Aug-16 20:11:37

I have been stung several times by wasps and barely felt it. It's hardly anything.

Don't give your toddler a fear they don't need to have

FifiFerusha Thu 04-Aug-16 21:22:37

He is a really 'get on with it' boy so perhaps I am lucky. However he woke crying about an hour ago so had to settle him back to sleep. That hasn't happened for ages so may give calpol and check sting if it happens again. X x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now