Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How old were you when you started your periods and how old were your daughter(s)

(7 Posts)
Lottielou7 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:59:02

In our family nearly all the women on both side of the family started quite late 14/15ish. I was 14 and very well developed in other ways. My 14 year old hasn't started hers yet but she is autistic and takes a lot of medication so I don't know if this would affect it. My 12 year old (who is away from home poor thing - typical) called me this morning to say she thinks she's started hers. I was a little surprised because she's tiny - nowhere near 7 stone and very petite. Although she does have underarm hair and seems to have grown up a lot in the last year.

I just assumed her sister would start before she did - it's obviously not that predictable I suppose.

OneArt Thu 04-Aug-16 12:03:06

My mum was 11. I was 13. DD hasn't started yet.

12 isn't as young as it used to be - girls are, on average, starting earlier than they used to. Hope your DD2 is ok!

LittleCandle Thu 04-Aug-16 12:05:10

I was 11. DD1 was 12 and DD2 was either 11 or 12. DM was also an early starter in P7.

NicknameUsed Thu 04-Aug-16 12:05:23

13/13

Lottielou7 Thu 04-Aug-16 12:57:36

I feel sorry for her because she's already so self conscious about body issues etc. I'm sure her family will take care of her - her grandma had two girls so she will have been through it with them.

I guess it's one of those things you can't predict. I thought 12 has been average for years in the uk? I just naturally assumed my girls would all be the same as me.

BigGreenOlives Thu 04-Aug-16 13:00:10

Me 14
Dd1 16
Dd2 15
Aunts on their father's side both 16

Lottielou7 Thu 04-Aug-16 14:19:40

Oh, perhaps the father's side makes a difference then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now