Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old keeps complaining her tummy hurts

(11 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Thu 04-Aug-16 10:39:03

Every day. She keeps pointing to her tummy and saying it hurts.

A quick kiss and it goes away. Now it could be attention seeking I suppose but should I be concerned?

She goes to the toilet everyday and has no issues with constipation.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 04-Aug-16 10:41:16

Worms?

NeedACleverNN Thu 04-Aug-16 10:43:17

Doesn't seem to be any sign of worms. She never complains her bottom hurts and up to two weeks ago she was in a nappy.

What other signs of worms could there be?

She points to the same place too. On the right side of her body.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 04-Aug-16 10:46:38

Guess that pretty much rules it out then.

Is she accidently sleeping on something? Squeezing her self its her favourite trousers which are too small?

Missgraeme Thu 04-Aug-16 10:47:26

Maybe she did have a pain a when ago and now it's a habit to get a kiss?? Next time she has a scrape /scratch kiss that and see if she forgets about her tummy!

NeedACleverNN Thu 04-Aug-16 10:50:24

I help her pick her clothes so there's nothing tight and no nothing sleep wise.

I'm leaning towards habit now. I have tried distracting and going to do something else but she will follow me around and keep saying it hurts until I kiss it

Dutchcourage Thu 04-Aug-16 10:57:22

Have you or anyone close to her have tummy troubles?

My dd at the moment 3.5 has a bad back, a bad neck and doesn't feel well. Sits on the chair with a blanket looking sorry for herself.

They are actually all the things I have wrong with me!! She also has a baby in her tummy too. Just like me.

Can't even be ill on my own these days!

NeedACleverNN Thu 04-Aug-16 10:59:37

Nope. No one. It started a few weeks ago too so it's not a suddenly new thing

Joneseygirl77 Thu 04-Aug-16 14:03:38

My 2.4 DD quite often will say her tummy hurts too. It's normally at the end of the day and often tends to coincide with her needing a poo or having wind! I think we've also got into a bit of a habit with it here. I figured DD had either overheard me or one of the older children at her nursery moaning about their tummy.

Witchend Thu 04-Aug-16 22:56:36

Constipation.

Now you're going to say that she goes regularly and doesn't have any problems going.

One of mine was like that. But when she'd had tummy ached for a very long time (drama queen so I didn't react at first) and took her to the doctor he could feel she was majorly impacted. Take her to the doctor and see what they say.

WhimsicalWinnifred Thu 04-Aug-16 23:10:06

If it helps my 4 yr old dd has started saying "my tummy always hurts" and "why does this only happen to me" but she never said it before she was sick 3 times in 4 weeks. She hasn't been sick since but always brings it up. I have no idea whether to take it seriously as she seems fine. Odd isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now