Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best bed wetting alarm with a pad?

(9 Posts)
Nobodysfool Fri 29-Jul-16 19:41:36

DS (7 1/2) has never been dry at night.
GP referred us to incontinence team, was prescribed Demopression 240 - which lessened the urine production but didn't stop it all together. He was on that for a few months. A new member of staff then took him off of that and put him on 3mg Ditropan. Which hasn't worked at all. My G.P. has requested an appt with a urology consultant to see what can be done next.
G.P. has told us to stop Ditropan and go back to Desmopressin as it was at least lessening the urine production.
I have been looking at the bed wetting alarms as I would like to buy one to try and have discounted the ones they wear as DS wouldn't be able to sleep wearing on as he is such a wriggler at night - even though he is a VERY heavy sleeper.
There seems to be quite a few on the market and I want to get the right one due to the eye watering price, any suggestions?

nobodysfool Fri 29-Jul-16 21:32:51

Bump?

Willowfrost Fri 29-Jul-16 21:40:25

My daughter wears an alarm which clips in her pants with a cable to a small box attached to her PJ's. It vibrates when it gets wet and so wakes her to finish her wee in the loo. It has made a huge difference retraining her body to wake and go to the loo when she needs.

fruitpastille Fri 29-Jul-16 21:51:56

We've borrowed Rodger alarm pants. They worked on DS and a few others I know.

Ningnang2000 Fri 29-Jul-16 22:20:51

Hi I just wanted to say I was in your situation just before Christmas. My dd was 7 last October and on desmomelts. We ran out in January and took ages for repeat prescription. We went cold turkey and turned out she was dry. 6 months be for had it felt like she would never be dry at night. Just wanted to give you hope. Dd is also a really heavy sleeper but now is getting up for a pee. She has only had 2 accidents since February. X

nobodysfool Sat 30-Jul-16 12:28:47

Willow - I looked at those but the sensor would bother my DS is he is bony and wriggler.
Fruitpastille- They look good but do you only get 2 pairs of boxers per set?

Nangnang- Thank you . Feel like it will never end doesn't it...your pos has given me hope.

Bogburglar75 Sat 30-Jul-16 12:37:26

Will the clinic not lend them? We borrowed one for DD - unfortunately had bugger all effect.

JinRamen Sat 30-Jul-16 12:38:58

Worth asking at the clinic. Ours lends them out too.

Cabawill Sat 30-Jul-16 12:53:23

My 7 year old deep sleeping, bony, wriggler DS has just become dry at night using a Malem alarm that clips to his pyjama bottoms. He had it on for 3 weeks and had been dry ever since. It's been amazing- I never thought it would work and the first week was hard work but certainly worth it. He'd never been dry and would have a soaking wet pull-up usually with leaking through.

I'm looking to sell ours on now if you'd be interested. It's this one: www.eric.org.uk/Shop/product/136/Malem+M012+Wireless+Alarm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now