Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I googled and now ok worried.

(7 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Tue 26-Jul-16 11:53:10

My DD is 14 months old. I've posted many times about her not eating solid food, we're seeing the dietician Thursday.

We had a community nurse round today to see my oldest son, while she was here she spent some time playing with DD, she has advised me to get her seen by a GP and ask for a pead referral. Her concerns are,

DD is covered in bruises, she bruises just from being picked up, I gave started avoiding putting her in shorts or dresses because I'm worried what people will think. sad

She walks into everything and falls over a lot, she does have very lax ligaments and has seen a physio but she walks into furniture and has had a few injured that have led to a&e due to conclusions and wounds.

She is walking with her head on her shoulder, this has started the past month, it's intermittent but she does it for a while then rights herself again for a while.

I stupidly googled and now I'm worried that what I thought might be a slight nutritional deficiency is something more serious. I have a GP apt today and I'm not going in Google again but I've sewed the seeds of worry now. confusedsad

ouryve Tue 26-Jul-16 11:57:42

Any history of EDS/Hypermobility in your family?

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 26-Jul-16 12:12:31

I have ED (hypermobility type) I got her in with a really good physio early as I could see she had very unstable ankles which was confirmed, they said they'd keep and eye on her as she grows.

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 26-Jul-16 12:13:15

EDS even (I don't have erectile disfunction! blush)

Witchend Tue 26-Jul-16 23:13:22

My cousin refused solid food until she was about 4yo. She was totally healthy and has had no problems health wise ever.

AnotherTimeMaybe Wed 27-Jul-16 05:48:39

The head thing is possibly B1 deficiency
If she drinks milk you could put some vitamins in there?

Owlytellsmesecrets Wed 27-Jul-16 06:04:24

Sounds like EDS... We all have it except DH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now