We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Gastrointorirus

(6 Posts)
Roastie1986 Sun 24-Jul-16 19:41:20

So it's approaching nearly a year since my son had gastrointorirus. For a lot of parents this isn't an issue and they can deal with it for me it's huge. For my son ended up in resuscitation after being so dehydrated. Managed to get lots if fluid into him to avoid drip.but I'm starting to get extremely anxious about it being a year ago and afraid it's going to happen again. I worry most days about it to the ppint I have panic attacks. I have severe anxiety anyway so anything to do with son's health even a cold I'm a mess. Someone talk to me hmm

Throughautomaticdoors Sun 24-Jul-16 20:19:00

How old is he? Sounds awful

NeedACleverNN Sun 24-Jul-16 20:21:05

Christ that sounds terrible.

We have all suffered from it as a family but the most that has happened is staying near the bathroom for 24 hours and getting as much rest as possible.

Poor love

Roastie1986 Sun 24-Jul-16 20:32:54

He was 11 months at the time it happened. It was this time last year. And my anxiety it's getting worse. I wonder weather it has just mentally scarred me so much I'm always waiting for something bad to happen

Throughautomaticdoors Sun 24-Jul-16 20:36:01

Well if he did pick anything up now he is bigger and tougher. Babies under 12 months are much more likely to get dehydrated than older babies and children.

Was he in hospital for long?

Roastie1986 Sun 24-Jul-16 20:54:41

Well this is the thing. Came down with it on the weds, took him to docs, said just keep hydrated. My son had never been very good at drinking anything apart from milk. Was still sick on Thursday so took him back and was told to use dyorolite. All well and good but it was hard getting it into him. Then by sat up hosp and syringing fluid into him every 5 mins. Discharged us then by sun up hosp again and rushed through to resuscitation. We managed to avoid a drip and wad kept in over night to monitor him. But all in all it lasted a week. From start to finish. I'm so so frightened of it happening again. It's almost Un bearable thinking about it. I don't know how to control these horrible thoughts about him being poorly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now