Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is my baby constipated?

(2 Posts)
milpool Sun 24-Jul-16 11:14:14

DD is 14 months. Breastfed and eats a good range of food (3 meals a day; we did BLW so she's always just got stuck in to solid food).

For the past few months her poo has been very solid. I hadn't really thought much of it as she's not in pain with it, her stomach isn't hard etc. When she has a bowel movement she does strain a little but like I say it doesn't seem painful for her. But, her stools are very solid; often round balls rather than softer pieces.

We eat wholemeal bread, she has plenty of fruit, so I think she's getting enough fibre. She has water with her meals and milk on demand. I saw something that said "if the poo can roll, it's too hard" and, well, hers definitely could roll blush so I don't know if this is normal or something I need to deal with.

Davinaaddict Sun 24-Jul-16 15:51:39

If it's been going on so long, then it might be something you need to look at. Does she have drinks of water between meals as well? If not maybe try that? I used to always make sure mine had a drink of water within reach all day, but even so mine still went through periods of different poo, so it's probably not anything to worry about too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now