Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

HFM or something else?

(5 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Thu 21-Jul-16 09:54:20

DD had these on both her palms, nothing anywhere else on her body. No other symptoms.

Is it hand, foot and mouth that's just not appeared on her mouth/feet or allergy to something?

She was playing in a sandpit yesterday and digging through a pile of cut weeds/plants that had ivy/old nettles and various other plants in. She didn't cry as if she's been stung and she's not itching it.

I don't want to wast a gp appointment if it's just an allergy rash, out local surgery is always packed and is asking people to think before making an appointment of it's really necessary.

Bottomchops Thu 21-Jul-16 10:00:21

I wouldn't go to the gp personally as there's nothing they can do. Just keep an eye on it.

Bottomchops Thu 21-Jul-16 10:01:04

I meant to say that I normally see a pharmacist if I'm not sure about something.

Titsalinabumsquash Thu 21-Jul-16 10:07:24

I was leaning towards asking the pharmacist, I have to pick up a prescription there later anyway. Thanks smile

WiMoChi Thu 21-Jul-16 20:34:24

Playing with ivy? Google poison oak rash and poison ivy rash. Give a nasty rash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now