Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Testicles.

(5 Posts)
DarlingSon Tue 19-Jul-16 20:10:39

Hi, my 15month old keeps getting one large testicle it's as though both go into one :/ and then it goes back to normal, so thought nothing of it , today it's been there every happy change so going to take him docs to get it checked out. Any one have any ideas as to what this could be?

lollabella87 Thu 21-Jul-16 00:04:00

Hello! This sounds like a hydrcelle. It's just a wee sack of water commonly found in little boys testicles. My 9 year old still has flare ups. Take him to your gp to rule out anything serious but they may offer to drain it or may want to leave it as most go away on thier own. Ask the doctor to do a full blood count aswell as it's a little known effect of various other conditions x

JinkxMonsoon Thu 21-Jul-16 00:10:15

Take a photo in case it goes back to normal before the appointment.

flutterby77 Fri 22-Jul-16 06:04:37

It does sound very much like a hydrocele, my son had one from birth. They can be corrected surgically but they give them until they are two to resolve on their own. My sons was permanent but has recently resolved itself just before his 2nd birthday. I agree that you should take a photo/video and show a GP. Also next time it happens, shine a torch behind it. If if is a hydrocele you'll be able to see it translucent.

Whatishappenin Sun 24-Jul-16 13:54:32

My son had this when he was a baby. It was a hernia - a loop of bowel dropped down into his scrotum. Unfortunately, it became strangulated and he had to have an emergency operation. My nephew had the same kind of hernia when he was a baby - it kept appearing and disappearing. He had a small operation to sort it out in case it also became strangulated .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now