Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vomiting baby

(6 Posts)
WottyMcWottFace Sat 16-Jul-16 23:12:49

DD (16 weeks) normally very happy, good sleeper and eater; still exclusively bf has had 2 really bad days, lots of bad nappies and wind, not usual self, off her food and distressed crying then today very very bad sickness. Checked temp whic is normal, given CALPOL to settle her but don't know what to do. She's very dribbly and everything goes in the mouth, could this just be teething or am I right to be worried?

UsuallyJustLurk Sat 16-Jul-16 23:20:46

With the dribbling and bad nappies it could well be teething, but I've never experienced vomiting as a symptom. So it could be a tummy bug. As there's no temperature that's a good sign it's nothing serious IMO, but I'm no doctor! Keep feeding as much as you can to prevent dehydration but if you're really worried, trust your instincts and call NHS direct. They get a lot of bad press I know, but I've always had excellent experiences with them. Good luck and I hope you LO is better soon! flowers

WottyMcWottFace Sat 16-Jul-16 23:52:23

Thankyou so much! Slowly settling so may be s result of the CALPOL but if she worsens il give them
A call. It's just worrying when she's so out of sorts.

UsuallyJustLurk Sun 17-Jul-16 07:21:13

It's such a worry when they're poorly, especially when the can't tell you what's wrong! Hope you had a peaceful night and she has a better day today

WottyMcWottFace Tue 19-Jul-16 17:35:34

Sorry for the late reply, Thankyou for your support. She improved over the night and I managed to see the doctor who advised 'it's viral' .... So gradually got worse over the last couple of days and we're now admitted to the children's ward for 72 hours obs for UTI ..... I feel awful she must have felt so poorly!! 😥

UsuallyJustLurk Tue 19-Jul-16 21:42:59

Oh no, poor bubba and poor you! You couldn't have done anymore than you did. Unfortunately even doc's get it wrong sometimes, you were unlucky. She's in the best place now! I had several stays in hospital with my DD when she was a baby so understand a little of how you're feeling. Good luck, hope you're sorted and home soon with your happy (and well) baby flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now