Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Would this concern you?

(6 Posts)
BabyHaribo Sat 09-Jul-16 19:26:50

DD is almost 2.

For this last 10 days she's completely lost her appetite. Not just for dinners but she's refusing everything, cake, yoghurt even chocolate. Some days she's eaten a few mouthfuls of various things others not really much at all.

Drinking fine - still has large beaker of milk in the morning.

Not really any other symptoms although she is a bit more whingy. She also boiled up a temperature on Thursday but only for a few hours and then it went back down.

What do you think? Concerning or just a phase. It's just worrying me that she's refusing even treats.

Buggers Sat 09-Jul-16 19:32:35

No, my dd goes through stages like this and she's nearly 4. Some weeks she eats loads others not so much. Just keep an eye out for any other symptoms.

Buggers Sat 09-Jul-16 19:33:48

Try giving the milk after her breakfast as well. Milk is really filling.

FretYeNotAllIsShiny Sat 09-Jul-16 19:43:27

Could she have an ear infection? It could make chewing uncomfortable.

Dairybanrion Sat 09-Jul-16 19:46:03

Mine would regularly so this.
My 3 year old is in the middle of a non eating phase. It might be tummy problem I dunno.
No I don't worry unless with high temp. Or unless dehydrated.

elephantoverthehill Sat 09-Jul-16 19:48:29

There is another thread about this www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenting/2681602-Toddler-on-hunger-strike? I hope you may be able to get some answers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now