Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler nose bleeds

(6 Posts)
stripeyfish Thu 07-Jul-16 19:57:41

My ds has always been prone to nosebleeds but in the last month they seem to be becoming more frequent. Since Monday he has had 2. They never last more than 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure if this is normal for a 2 year old or if I should take him to the gp to be checked out?

dementedpixie Fri 08-Jul-16 06:19:28

Could it be hay fever related? Yes take them to the GP to get checked out

Purpleprickles Fri 08-Jul-16 06:25:03

My son had them from a similar age and would have weeks of having quite a few and then weeks of none. It all coincided with when he discovered nose picking although his nose would bleed without being picked too. Apparently dh and sil were the same as children. He is now 7 and rarely has them.

Nowwhatisit Fri 08-Jul-16 06:33:51

I think it is unusual at this age an dwould get it checked out

stripeyfish Fri 08-Jul-16 06:49:54

Thanks for the advice. I think I will get him checked out, it will put my mind at ease if nothing else.

Purpleprickles Fri 08-Jul-16 07:47:20

Now it really isn't unusual as my post shows.

Stripey this may help http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-information-0/search-medical-conditions/nose-bleed

If you are worried I think it's always better to see a dr so I would get him checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now