Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 month dd

(12 Posts)
sleepy16 Thu 07-Jul-16 10:31:25

Wondering if anyone can help, my 5 month old dd was born at 38 weeks due to small for dates and she hardly moved.
When I had my waters broke It was discovered I had none (just a trickle) .
When she was born she had postitional talipis (club foot) left was worse then the right.
Had two peads to check her over as they were concerned over hip dysplasia (which they said they were happy with her hips in the end).
Anyway back to now, she is doing fantastic my only concern is her legs look strange sometimes.
She has two deep creases up the tops of her legs, sometimes though one of the creases disappears and her leg looks shorter.
Also if I line her legs up (on her back) none of her leg creases match.
(She does have a forked gluten crease as well , and a small dimple but was told its nothing to worry about).
So is this something to get checked? Or just one of them things?
Thank you

VioletBam Thu 07-Jul-16 12:24:13

Congratulations...I know it was 5 months ago but she's still so new! My niece has hip displacia and the leg crease issue was what sent my sister to the doctors to have another check. One of her hips was affected. So I would go back to have them looked at again OP.

Chalky04 Thu 07-Jul-16 12:39:28

Both my DD's had hip dysplasia. DD1 was not diagnosed until the age of 1 and not until I mentioned to my HV that she was positioning her feet oddly when cruising. Once I was aware, I noticed a slight difference in the creases in her thighs. DD2 was diagnosed via ultrasound at 6 weeks because of the family history but even the doctor said he couldn't see any differences in her creases (both were affected on one side more than the other). If you are concerned do get it checked out and request an ultrasound. The hip manipulation checks that are routinely done don't always pick up the condition and it would have been missed in DD2 had it not been for our ultrasound.

You probably are already aware but there is a charity called STEPS that support parents of children with talipes and hip dysplasia. The information on their website is great.

Good luck and fingers crossed your concerns are unfounded.

sleepy16 Thu 07-Jul-16 13:31:27

Think I will get her checked at doctors then, I did try steps first but had not 1 reply in over a week.
Thank you for your replies.

sleepy16 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:27:28

Pictures of her legs, can you see the difference?
And the back of her legs, and the front (sorry about the black I covered up her bits as you cant see what I need you to with her nappy on).

GloGirl Fri 08-Jul-16 10:54:27

I'd take her to a weigh in clinic making sure it was staffed by a HV before hand and get referred that way. Or GP appointment whichever is quicker

Chalky04 Fri 08-Jul-16 16:02:38

I always found checking creases difficult because they move so much and you can't be sure if they are lying square iykwim. If you are concerned then there is no harm in getting it checked out. It was the HV who identified there might be a problem in my DD1 but only after I mentioned I was concerned about how she was cruising. She then told me to see GP who then sent her for an X-Ray so going straight to the GP might be best.

I never want to waste health professionals time but would rather be told I have been worrying about nothing than miss something. Trust your instincts.

sleepy16 Sat 09-Jul-16 11:28:13

I see what you mean chalky, but the crease on the front is totally different to the left one as in there isn't one.
I guess its just a case of getting it looked at by a professional.
I just wanted to see if anybody else had any experience with the same issues.
Thanks again smile and I will update.

welshweasel Sat 09-Jul-16 11:40:19

I would definitely want that looking at, in fact at 5 months I would insist on being referred for an ultrasound. Be persistent!

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 09-Jul-16 13:43:51

Don't worry whatever it is they can tackle it properly as she's so young as long as you get her seen ASAP
If I were you I'd be sure I'm listened to
Worst comes to worse try to go for a private ultrasound if you can afford it obviously

sleepy16 Sat 09-Jul-16 19:22:43

I will get her looked at next week, im not the sort of person to take my children willy nilly to the doctors (baby has never been) but I would feel better if they did do an ultrasound/xray.
I know there is prob a slim chance of anything worrying but id rather be safe then sorry.

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 09-Jul-16 22:35:53

Good luck, hope all goes well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now