Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sudden bedtime allergy

(3 Posts)
user1467783599 Wed 06-Jul-16 06:50:06

For the last 3 nights my 2 year old daughter has woke up having either been sick or had diarrhoea. I thought it was just a big but at 4.30am yesterday morning she was awake crying because of a dirty nappy and when I went into her room I noticed she had a blotchy rash all over her....it looked like nettle stings. Following a visit to A&E they said it was either a viral infection or an allergy. My daughter went to nursery as normal....they said she'd been fine all day, the rash was gone and she hadn't had any diarrhoea.

This morning she woke us up at 1am, diarrhoea and she was red red with the same blotchy rash that was clearly itching. I gave her some piriton and she slept in our bed. By the morning the rash was 98% gone.

So my question is...what on earth is causing this? Nothing in her room or her cot has changed, we haven't changed our washing liquid (and she doesn't have any problem with our bed or her clothes causing an outbreak). Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I've started by swapping her mattress with her sisters mattress just to see if that rules the mattress out.

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Wed 06-Jul-16 06:52:30

Have you washed all her bedding on a hot wash? Could it be a bug bite that she then has an allergic reaction to? Does she have a bath before bed? Play in the grass at tea time?

user1467783599 Wed 06-Jul-16 14:21:36

Her bedding has all been washed at 60 degrees. There's no evidence of any sort of bites that we can see. She has a bath every night, no change to any of her toiletries or towels and she doesn't play outside once she's home from nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now