Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

help please - precocious puberty?

(3 Posts)
Fififofum Sun 26-Jun-16 15:45:15

DD is 6. She's very tall for her age, and lately I've noticed that she seems overly emotional. I just put it down to various other things. Today she told me her underarms smelt- they did. I then gave her a shower etc and all fine. After shower asked if I could look at her and she has a few hairs on her labia but not downy if u know what I mean.

I feel really upset for her. I know there are worse things. She's just so young. DD seems fine but I think going to doctors tomorrow. Anybody with any experience of this??

EdithWeston Sun 26-Jun-16 16:48:52

My friend's DD had precocious puberty starting at 6. She was referred by her GP to a paediatric endocrinologist, who decided that intervention was indicated, and she had treatment to slow it down until she was about 8.

Definitely worth getting a medical opinion, I think.

JennyOnAPlate Sun 26-Jun-16 20:09:59

Yes take her to the GP. My 8 year old recently stated treatment for early puberty (an injection every 3 months.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now