Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Jasmine

(9 Posts)
GrannyCat Wed 22-Jun-16 07:21:29

We took my granddaughter to hospital when a bump appeared on her forearm on 19.06.16.. Hospital are stumped and we've seen many doctors and an immunologist but not any problems there. Originally thought abscess but now say no as scan does not show it to be. She is 21 days old, so we are all ultra worried but more so by no ideas from the medical staff. Any clever paediatricians out there that have seed such a thing (see images). My poor daughter and son-in-law are both living in a small room in hospital and are worried to death.

LAmusic Wed 22-Jun-16 07:22:29

A bed sore?

AnotherTimeMaybe Wed 22-Jun-16 13:08:03

Oh dear
She really needs a dermatologist
I went to a top one last year (consultant to the queen mother) I ll try to find the details and PM you

GrannyCat Wed 22-Jun-16 21:24:30

We are seeing the Oncologist tomorrow. Fingers crossed it is a waste of his time.

feelingmiffed Fri 24-Jun-16 12:22:25

How did it go at the oncologist?

BlackSwan Fri 24-Jun-16 22:13:15

How is your little granddaughter?

TheFirie Sat 25-Jun-16 05:49:41

Any update OP?

GrannyCat Tue 28-Jun-16 07:14:32

We are all very relieved. She has an operation to open the area up, the pus (they didn't know it would be pus) removed. It went off to the lab and is staphylococcus aureus, so continues on I/v antibiotics, a further op to close up the wound, but all is well. Final diagnosis is an abscess, which is what I suggested in the first place. She is currently in Birmingham Children's hospital who have been marvellous. Russell's Hall, where she originally was, had some good staff but not good at diagnostics.

BlackSwan Thu 30-Jun-16 19:59:49

So glad to hear she is doing well and is being well taken care of! I hope she's home soon. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now