Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is this a verruca (picture)

(7 Posts)
sixinabed Tue 21-Jun-16 18:19:34

On nearly 2yo foot - has doubled in size in last 2 days. Looks like a blister deep under the skin, feels on surface like a hard lump, dd is complaining it hurts.

Don't know if it's a verruca, and if so whether I should treat straight away or leave to see if it goes on its own. Help?

dementedpixie Tue 21-Jun-16 18:24:30

Where's the picture?

sixinabed Tue 21-Jun-16 19:56:20

Doh. Here it is

Optimist1 Tue 21-Jun-16 20:54:28

Could it be a splinter? Quite difficult to disgnose from a photo, IMO! In any case, be aware that some verucca treatments are not recommended for use on young children - perhaps a pharmacist could advise?

sixinabed Tue 21-Jun-16 22:23:51

Thanks - I realise it's a tiny photo, she was NOT happy about having it taken at all... I will go and ask a pharmacist - trying to avoid a doctors visit as its so hard to get a blooming appt.

She actually has 3 like it on one foot and one on the big toe of the other - so not a splinter I think. But it doesn't have the typical verruca cauliflower look, and is not on the surface - seems to be far below. I rubbed it with an emery board with absolutely no effect (did not hurt dd I hasten to add). Don't know if this is what they look like when they begin? Urgh.

mineofuselessinformation Tue 21-Jun-16 22:29:11

Looks like a verruca to me. Other than covering it so she doesn't spread it (swimming etc), you don't really need to do anything unless it gets a lot bigger or is painful. It will eventually go.

sixinabed Tue 21-Jun-16 22:36:48

Oh crap. Thanks - it's what I feared. Verruca socks for a 2yo. Argh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now