Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Daughter fell and banged head

(11 Posts)
alwaysworriedtoo Tue 14-Jun-16 23:22:50

My dd is 11 and when she was in park earlier she fell off a running hoop and as she fell forward the side of her head in front of her ear and a bit above near temple, in her sideburns erea, hit the plastic wheel she messaged me at home so I went to park to her, she said it really hurt but not enough to make her cry. She seemed ok and from bump notes at school I know what to look out for re concussion etc but now I daren't go to sleep in case there is some injury I don't know about inside like a bleed. She's been ok eaten food not acted weirdly and now the bit of a mark that was there has gone and she said before she went to bed that it doesn't hurt. Am I just being too anxious? I daren't google Anything!

Fanjango Tue 14-Jun-16 23:27:32

If she didn't lose consciousness and she's been fine since then there's nothing to worry about. If she was groggy or sick after then that's another story. Let her rest.

alwaysworriedtoo Tue 14-Jun-16 23:35:33

Thanks, I know she wasn't sick but don't know if she was groggy after she did it. I'm going to be an ott mother and sleep In her room!

Fanjango Tue 14-Jun-16 23:38:42

Awwww. You know she's going to think you're weird when you explain....aww mum, I'm fine duh!! grin
Do what you need to to be comfortable. She'll be fine. Rest well both X

alwaysworriedtoo Tue 14-Jun-16 23:51:27

Should add she went to bed at nine fifteen, just in case anyone thinks I'm mean and wierd keeping her up all hours! ( injured at about fiveish)

alwaysworriedtoo Tue 14-Jun-16 23:52:40

Thanks fanjango!

Fanjango Tue 14-Jun-16 23:53:28

Hahaha. I assumed as much. Mind you I also have older kids, child free evenings are a thing of the past, illness is the only time when they aren't around in the evening grin

alwaysworriedtoo Wed 15-Jun-16 00:31:24

It's good to get the perspective of someone with older kids ( been there done that!) our dd is at that age now here she doesn't automatically get in our bed when she wakes up I miss it ! Though I do like it when she's gone to bed and I can watch something just for me!

alwaysworriedtoo Wed 15-Jun-16 08:41:18

When she saw I was there she was like 'what are you doing?!' But then she went back to sleep and this morning relished the fact that I was there which was very nice! And she seems perfectly fine, another omg I am such a worrier! Still going to give her a note for school just in case...!

Fanjango Wed 15-Jun-16 11:17:52

Glad it turned out okay. You're lucky, some kids that age would think you were mad wink
Happy she's feeling okay

alwaysworriedtoo Wed 15-Jun-16 19:52:53

Thank you so much. I'm glad there was someone (you!) out there when I needed that bit of reassurance and someone to listen! 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now