Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Himalayan Salt Lamp

(6 Posts)
Jeniffer101 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:32:51

My son suffers from rhinitis I have tried all means by keeping the environment at home clean.I have been told to get a Himalayan Salt lamp,I have heard that it has great health benefits Is there anyone who have heard of it and also do you use them for health related purposes?
I would really love to know before I buy a few

WiMoChi Fri 17-Jun-16 18:30:34

These really are beautiful and wonderful. They help absorb bad stuff from the air. Help with sleep and absorb bad thing a from electric, wifi etc. They offer a lovely peaceful nights sleep too.

You can buy the salt too to add to cooking or the bath. I highly recommend x

PurpleDaisies Fri 17-Jun-16 18:37:17

These really are beautiful and wonderful. They help absorb bad stuff from the air. Help with sleep and absorb bad thing a from electric, wifi etc. They offer a lovely peaceful nights sleep too.

No they don't. It's pseudoscience.
This blog has a very nice explanation ...
abreathofreason.com/2014/06/18/salt-lamps/

WiMoChi Sat 18-Jun-16 12:07:28

There's also plenty of articles to the contrary. I've personally tried and tested and they're lovely so, OP if you fancy one, go for it x

amarmai Sat 18-Jun-16 18:16:52

I got one because I like the way it looks and I use the pink salt ,but haven't been aware of health benefits as yet.

AbbieLexie Sat 18-Jun-16 18:29:22

I go to the salt cave after being given vouchers. The first time it was very pleasant but didn't notice any improvement. I have sinusitis and was very concerned about the amount of antibiotics I was needing to take. Second visit I noticed an improvement in my symptoms and my eczema had also improved. I use the salt cave to manage my sinusitis now. I have also bought salt lamps for our bedroom (partner has stopped snoring since it's been in the room) and living room.
I just felt we had nothing to lose by trying it. Strongly feel it's doing something. I would say try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now