Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Conjunctivitis outbreak: should I send DD to school?

(3 Posts)
UnDeuxCrois Sat 11-Jun-16 20:14:40

DD (5) and at least one of her classmates have developed conjunctivitis. Her eyes are a bit red but no discharge and they aren't bothering her.

They have been using paddling pools with untreated water (outside the UK in a hot country) and I think this is responsible for it. They will not be in the pool tomorrow and I will not allow her to go in it again.

I haven't treated her with antibiotic drops because as far as I understood viral conjunctivitis is self limiting and drops are useless. I know that school will take her if I send her, but I also don't want to be responsible for spreading it further.

Should I send her to school tomorrow?

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 11-Jun-16 21:08:29

If they are just red without discharge it's viral , is she ok other than that?
My ds 4 had it and it took absolutely ages to clear!!!

UnDeuxCrois Sat 11-Jun-16 23:53:35

Yes AnotherTimeMaybe, she seems absolutely fine. It seems much better already, but I will see how she is in the morning.

I hope it doesn't take too long, there are only two weeks of school left and she hates missing school for any reason!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now