Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

anorexia teenage

(7 Posts)
NellyMelly Thu 09-Jun-16 11:18:06

Hello, My daughter has anorexia and I'm looking for some help for me to cope with it. We have medical care for her. I've searched on the groups but not sure were best to post. Thank you for helping.

idontlikealdi Thu 09-Jun-16 14:14:24

I'm sorry I have no experience but I did see a support thread for people with children with anorexia pop up the other day - maybe have a search for that.

NellyMelly Thu 09-Jun-16 16:37:42

Thank your replying idontlikealdi. I will do a search on that

MiddleAgedMother Sun 19-Jun-16 11:59:26

Have you tried FEAST around the dinner table. It's a US website but with lots of UK posters too.

kazzieb10 Thu 14-Jul-16 18:49:36

Is she going to an eating disorder clinic? my daughter has been ill for 6 months and she wouldn't be in recovery without the clinic. Everyones experience is different -our daughter is being treated for depression and anxiety as well. Start with the ED clinic (referral through doctor)and get support for yourself and family with counselling. Its tough going and don't expect quick results.1 year is not unusual

MiddleAgedMother Sun 27-Nov-16 21:26:59

I would also recommend FEAST and Around the Dinner Table.
It gave me the support, information and strength in a way that nothing else did.
There are lots of UK posters.

Clankboing Sun 27-Nov-16 21:34:14

She needs to be involved with camhs, if not already. Read the book by Eva Musby. If she starts to refuse fluids, go under recommended temperature or have discoloured fingertips get immediate medical help through a&e if you cannot get a same day doctor appointment. Make sure she has 3 meals and 3 snacks a day each with a drink. See if you can get a replacement drink for any refused food. Search ATDT forum. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now