Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

List of pediatrician & pediatric specialists

(4 Posts)
swelchphr Tue 07-Jun-16 00:37:56

We will be moving to London in a couple on months as expats (so using private health care). Are there any websites you can recommend where we can find local GP doctors and specialists? Thanks!

swelchphr Tue 07-Jun-16 01:56:35

Sorry, to clarify, a "specialist" being a consultant.

threechildrentwodogs Tue 07-Jun-16 07:13:25

The Portland hospital is a private women & children's hospital. Most of the consultants work for the NHS & do private work, the website has a list of the consultants & the specialists they cover & in my experience PPP/BUPA have always covered the consultants we have requested to see their. Most people also have an NHS GP & if your child is ill in an emergency situation or has an accident the Portland is not the place to go, so depending on where you live you will have hospital with an accident & emergency room, known as A&E or some refer to it as casualty.

swelchphr Tue 07-Jun-16 21:02:02

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now