Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nits for first time!! Best way to get rid of them?

(7 Posts)
Blossom4538 Mon 06-Jun-16 19:31:29

My little one appears to have eggs in her hair, not many, but certainly looks like it. Can't think where she caught them from apart from a party yesterday perhaps but would that be too soon to show and as my little one has struggles, she wasn't even close to anyone really?!!

What is the best way to get rid pls?!

Blossom4538 Mon 06-Jun-16 19:42:31

Just reading about Hedrin Once Spray Gel?

dementedpixie Mon 06-Jun-16 19:47:46

Have you found any lice? You need lice to have eggs. Get a nit comb and conditioner and check the hair in sections. You can either use this combing method every few days for 2 weeks or use a treatment and repeat it 2 weeks later.

dementedpixie Mon 06-Jun-16 19:48:36

Could she have got sand or other small particles in her hair instead? You need head to head contact to spread lice

sepa Mon 06-Jun-16 20:11:16

When I was younger my mum did my hair every night with the bit comb (even when there wasn't any)
When there was she would sit for what felt like ages about 30mins (more if it was a bad case) with a comb

sadie9 Mon 06-Jun-16 20:16:54

The Hedrin spray is good it doesn't make the hair look greasy after washing it out. And you can let it dry snd leave in overnight. Use it again about 4 days later. Get a nit comb, comb the hair and rub the comb on white tissue. You may see some live ones. More can hatch after the treatment if it didn't get them all. So you have to stay on top of it for a few weeks checking the head each day.
Get the child to sit near a window, let them play on some device while you examine or comb the hair. New eggs will be really close to the scalp, older eggs s bit further down as the hair grows out. Remember they are harmless just inconvenient and s bit overwhelming, a bit like ants.

Blossom4538 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:36:03

Pretty sure they are eggs! angryThanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now