Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My 2yo 's breath smells of poo

(8 Posts)
Queazy Thu 02-Jun-16 19:49:11

We only went to the dentist last week and she said her teeth were really good. Now her breath smells like a nappy sad Are we brushing badly? Or is this a sign of something else?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 02-Jun-16 19:51:10

Oooh this has been on here before! turned out it was something stuck up the child's nose!

girlandboy Thu 02-Jun-16 19:52:18

Have a look at her tonsils to see if there are any white deposits.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 02-Jun-16 20:13:46

Either tonsil stones or something stuck up the nose

If the tonsils look ok, get DD to cover each nostril in turn, shut her mouth and blow. If there is a blockage there will be reduced air movement

Elllicam Thu 02-Jun-16 20:22:05

Does it actually smell of poo? If so unlikely to be tonsil stones, could she be constipated? Has she had diarrhoea?

Queazy Fri 03-Jun-16 11:53:23

She hasn't been constipated but wondering if it's due to her having a bit of a cold. I read somewhere that she might be breathing through her mouth and it's leading to a dry and smelly mouth. I'll keep an eye on her and take her to the Dr if it doesn't improve.

Queazy Fri 03-Jun-16 11:54:05

She hasn't been constipated but wondering if it's due to her having a bit of a cold. I read somewhere that she might be breathing through her mouth and it's leading to a dry and smelly mouth. I'll keep an eye on her and take her to the Dr if it doesn't improve.

Hirosleaftunnel Sun 05-Jun-16 11:28:33

Sinus infection, take her to the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now