Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Normal toes or not?

(6 Posts)
Littlepickle101 Tue 31-May-16 17:23:44

Just looking for an opinion on DD's toes. The ends seem like they are growing wider and her toe nails seem to grow curved round the front of her toes and not flat. She does pick her nails so hard to see in the photos. Do you think they look slightly clubbed?

blueskyinmarch Tue 31-May-16 17:27:48

They look like normal toes to me. My little toes and the ones next to them sort of curl round (I used to call them my curly toes when i was little).

LongChalk Tue 31-May-16 17:28:46

I'm not a foot expert but they look fairly normal to me. 2 of mine had sort of butterfly nails which were flatter in the middle then curved up and back down again into the corners. Look straight now they're older.

I certainly don't think the baby looks like they have any sort of talipes from the picture shown. But it's normally a deformity of how the foot 'sits' so usually turned very inwards or Twisted at the ankle.

How old is she? Is she moving around ok?

LongChalk Tue 31-May-16 17:30:19

I also think when they're babies and toddlers its normal for them to be somewhat splayed at the front.

Haggisfish Tue 31-May-16 17:32:03

Normal to me. We have the curling toe nails too.

omri Tue 31-May-16 17:40:32

Totally normal- my 2 (ages 4 and 2) look v similar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now