Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

THRUSH or not? Can you help me to look at your baby's inside mouth top roof?

(3 Posts)
Babyhayden Tue 31-May-16 13:51:04

Silly request and advice needed.

My baby had thrush a few weeks ago confirmed by doctor and was given nystatin twice then I bought daktarin gel and used for over a week now. I have checked his inside mouth and there is still white creamy patches in the top roof. The tongue has cleared now. So I went back to gp, he says the white stuff is not thrush? It's mucosa lining., but to me it looks abnormal cause it's thick esp around the teething area and some on roof top? Baby looks pain free?

Can you kind mothers please check for me with a torch if possible if it's normal to have white lining inside!? I thought it's supposed to be pink inside? I don't know what to do? Doc said he's ok and won't prescribed anything, I'm I suppose to just leave it?

whatsthatnow Mon 13-Jun-16 20:17:21

Not the best picture but do you mean like this?? If so, completely normal.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 13-Jun-16 20:20:30

My ds is 8 months and he has white patches on the pink of his mouth, little bumpy ridges. Its as if the pink flesh is stretched over the ridges and they 'show through' iyswim . they can look yellowy as well in certain light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now