Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How Long Do the Spots Keep on appearing? (chicken pox)

(4 Posts)
NakedMum33and3rd Mon 30-May-16 19:21:11

Hi all

My 4 yr old DS got his first chicken pox spot 6 days ago. He was absolutely fine and only got about 10 spots. I thought YAY, it's only going to be mild (he was vaccinated last year) but this evening about another 10 have appeared. How long can hey keep coming out for? I though we were done as all the others had crusted over.

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

UptownFunk00 Mon 30-May-16 19:25:35

Definetely chicken pox? I've only known them to appear within 7 days but don't have a vast knowledge of the pox.

I am awaiting DD1&2 getting them though as DNephew has it and really bad.

Anyone know if a 'strain' will make the DDs have a stronger dose too?

NakedMum33and3rd Mon 30-May-16 19:31:04

It is definitely pox. Seems like the vaccination didn't protect DS from this but I'm not sure if there are different strains of pox. Probably just individual reactions.

TheAussieProject Tue 31-May-16 05:06:02

DS1 had them in two waves, even if not so many days apart, between the first 200 and then 4 days later, another 300. Gp said it was the worst case she had ever seen. 50 in one ear alone, inside the nose, eyelid. .. No vaccination available at that time in the countries we where living in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now