Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ECG

(8 Posts)
dimples76 Fri 27-May-16 20:56:15

My 2.11 year old is shortly due to have an ECG. Can anyone talk me through what to expect? The letter from the hospital is addressed to my son and is written as though he is an adult and I wondered how they manage the process with an unco-operative toddler. I am planning to contact them next week to double check that they know he is a child.

Badders123 Sun 29-May-16 19:39:06

They attach sticky pads to various points on his chest and legs
It's takes about 10 seconds
smile

Badders123 Sun 29-May-16 19:39:48

Do you mean ecg or cardiac echo?

dimples76 Sun 29-May-16 20:48:40

Hi, sorry I meant echo cardiogram

ivykaty44 Sun 29-May-16 22:01:41

They do this much the same as an ultra sound scan

DD had a scan as a toddler age three and as soon as she knew it wouldn't hurt she was fine. DD had an echo two years ago but is now age nearly 18

They will do the echo in a darkened room, it will take a little while whilst they photograph and measure etc

Could you take a bribe? Lollipop?

dimples76 Tue 31-May-16 20:31:55

Thank you!

Glad I called them - they had a different time in the diary to the appointment letter I received!

Ebb Thu 02-Jun-16 16:06:18

In DS's hospital they have TVs playing CBeebies to distract the kids. My DS was torn between looking at his heart on screen or watching some random. Show. grin

McBassyPants Mon 06-Jun-16 06:10:20

An echo is easier on an uncooperative child than an ecg 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now