Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

does this bumped head look normal?

(9 Posts)
BadMum1705 Wed 18-May-16 20:56:49

I only noticed my sons head at 8pm, I feel so bad for not noticing! The marks hidden by his hair but I still should have noticed!

Ds is 6 and said he fell over at lunch time play, teacher cleaned his grazed knee and that was it. He's hit his head quite a few times, he has 3 siblings but I've never seen a bump like this. It looks strange to me

Any opinions on it? He's fine in himself and fast asleep.

Tiggeryoubastard Wed 18-May-16 21:02:41

That's an odd looking bruise no help at all.
Can you ring 101 and describe it to them?

BadMum1705 Wed 18-May-16 22:31:58

I wasn't sure if they'd be any help because he's asleep.

He's fine in himself, no temp or anything. Not even a headache.

I've just never seen a bruise like it before.

(Going to make him a bubble helmet)

shazzarooney999 Wed 18-May-16 22:33:36

It looks like a graze come bruise, im sure he will be fine xxx as long as he has none of the usual symptoms of concussion.

MaisieDotes Wed 18-May-16 22:34:01

What did he fall on? DS had a funny bruise/ bump a few days ago and it was basically the imprint of the gravelly path he had fallen on.

BadMum1705 Wed 18-May-16 22:37:12

He was in the muga (multi use games area) at school playing football and got tackled.

I feel incredibly guilty for not noticing it earlier
sad

KyloRenNeedsTherapy Wed 18-May-16 23:08:55

Did he fall against the fence because it could be an imprint of that?

Frusso Wed 18-May-16 23:18:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BadMum1705 Thu 19-May-16 10:41:19

The flooring is concrete, not smooth at all and looking at that bruise it does look like it.

His ta was very shocked this morning when he showed her and she took him to the first aider just to be safe as he didn't have a lump come up at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now