Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is this chicken pox (photo)

(7 Posts)
peasofcake Fri 13-May-16 19:42:56

Has been 24 hrs since noticed a spot or two and over the last few hours a few more have come up. They are teeny and no sign of blisters yet. At what point is it just a viral rash and not CP? He is fine in himself , and remarkably cheery as he's cutting a couple of teeth at the moment. Wisdom needed please.

Fettuccinecarbonara Fri 13-May-16 19:44:54

I wouldn't think so. With CP you don't normally wonder if it could've CP, the spots are glaringly obvious.

Hope he gets better soon.

LIZS Fri 13-May-16 19:46:37

Looks too pimply rather than distinctive spots.

MaryThorne Fri 13-May-16 19:50:18

With CP you don't normally wonder if it could've CP, the spots are glaringly obvious.

Not necessarily, when DS had his, for the first couple of days there were just a couple of red spots that looked like insect bites then they all came out.

Hard to say though from the picture OP. Hope he's better soon.

peasofcake Fri 13-May-16 19:55:02

He got sent home from nursery for it yesterday but I feel like it hasn't progressed enough in 30 hours for it to be CP, unfortunately I can't find anywhere information on how long spots take to blister so stuck in limbo until it either blisters or disappears! Both happy and disappointed that you all didn't say 'oh yes that's defiantly chicken pox!' Will have to see what happens over the weekend.

MaryThorne Sat 28-May-16 09:08:13

How is he OP? Was it chickenpox in the end?

N0tfinished Mon 30-May-16 13:44:57

He'd have fever & feel unwell if it were CP. Mine both had it the spots were redder & bumpier initially then blistered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now