Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best sunscreen for baby very dry skin, also moisturisers

(9 Posts)
ClutterofStarlings Sun 08-May-16 10:42:03

Hi, does anyone know where I can find reliable info about sunscreen.
My baby has very dry skin/eczema if that makes a difference.
We've cleared up a flare & stopped using steroid (from GP) now, but she still has dry skin on her cheeks and legs especially. The GP has given bath stuff (dermol) and an enormous bottle of zerobase (seriously, it's nearly as big as she is) which is fine.
Now that it's a bit better, I'd like to start using something a bit less petrochemical, bit more natural iykwim.
I've tried oat sock in the bath, and am unconvinced tbh. I'm also using coconut oil on her normal skin, which sometimes seems fine, and sometimes doesn't.
Any ideas welcomed smile

ClutterofStarlings Sun 08-May-16 10:42:45

Forgot to say, am off out for the day now, but will chalk in later, am really grateful in advance.

Nan0second Sun 08-May-16 10:54:02

Don't know about sunscreen but you will control baby's eczema so much better if you use the zerobase all the time. It's supposed to be used regularly and that way will reduce the need for more steroids.
The oil in it is what keeps the moisture in and thus makes it work better than water based creams!

SouperSal Sun 08-May-16 11:04:48

Ultrasun family is brilliant. None of us have excema but I've read that it's good for that.

Afreshstartplease Sun 08-May-16 11:06:30

We have sun sense on prescription

ClutterofStarlings Sun 08-May-16 19:00:35

Thanks, will look for those. Thanks nan0second I knew I was being a bit silly. It just makes me a bit sad. I will continue zerobasing.

Onthedowns Mon 09-May-16 08:58:29

We used sun sense also

vjg13 Mon 09-May-16 12:11:47

Found the Greenbaby range good for my daughter who has eczema.

vjg13 Mon 09-May-16 12:14:19

Green People I mean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now