Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My son is always sick after he laughs

(3 Posts)
Annoyinglyhappyperson Fri 06-May-16 15:58:36

I might be alone here but my 9 yr old is always sick after he laughs hard. He gets hiccups and is then sick. He always had really bad reflux as a baby but never thought anything of it. I took him to the doctor ages ago and they said not to worry about it and he'd grow out of it. I've rung them again today and they're going to refer him for an endoscopy. Am I alone here? Xx

CrazyDuchess Fri 06-May-16 16:06:06

I have absolutely no knowledge but could it be a loose/slack muscle at the top of his stomach/lower oesophagus?? And the pressure when he hiccups pushes his stomach content out??

Would explain the reflux too - but not a medic and I hope someone come along with better comments xxx

WorriedOrStressed Fri 06-May-16 16:09:57

Sounds as though endoscopy is the right course of action. Hoping it gives some answers flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now