Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Are a few different types of birthmarks ok?

(3 Posts)
Sunshine1509 Thu 05-May-16 17:40:13

Dd (5months) has 1 storks bite at the nape of her neck, one small pale brown mark on her back, 2 port wine stains - one on her back and one on her bottom and she also has a patch of skin that is paler than the rest on her ankle (she has olive skin)
I've no experience of so many different types on one baby - I have a lot of moles and one birthmark, dh doesn't have any.
Is it worth a mention to health visitor/GP?

winchester1 Thu 05-May-16 17:45:03

Dc1 had/ had two.raised red marks, stork bites, angel kisses (red eye lids), a brown spot and a white spot. He is mixed race prob a little darker than you baby.
The raised ones were commented on by the doctor that we could get them removed when he is older (we won't, he can make the decision later) but no concerns about the amount or the diff types.

Sunshine1509 Thu 05-May-16 19:20:58

Thanks for replying, she is mixed race (dad is of Arab descent) I wonder if that has anything to do with it, glad to know it's nothing to worry about though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now