Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Child with chest/nipple pain and crying

(7 Posts)
Millionairerow Sun 01-May-16 23:37:36

My 5 year old Dd has just had an ear infection. It seemed to last longer than usual but the Dr prescribed antibiotics and seemed ok. A bit pale still but tonight she's crying with all I can describe as nipple/rib pain. She's had painkillers and had a hot water bottle but she was visibly distressed. No temperature I add. Any ideas? Just muscular?

threechildrentwodogs Mon 02-May-16 07:21:58

Do you think it is painful when she breathes? It could mean the infection has gone to her chest?
My son finds it hard to articulate pain of a chest infection or asthma - but hates lying down as that must feel tight & says his tummy hurts, but we know it's his chest.

Millionairerow Mon 02-May-16 08:35:45

I'll see today. She was in bed late so gave her ibuprofen and hot water bottle. Here's hopong just a pulled muscle. She's still on antibiotics so not sure re chest infection. It was a nasty bug.

threechildrentwodogs Mon 02-May-16 15:09:03

How is she?

Millionairerow Mon 02-May-16 18:28:05

She is grand - as if nothing had ever happened. Bizarre

threechildrentwodogs Mon 02-May-16 21:26:36

Glad to hear it. smile

Millionairerow Mon 02-May-16 23:33:24

Thx. Yes they're a worry. Esp when nothing obvious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now