Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Red cheeks

(8 Posts)
fuzzyllama Thu 28-Apr-16 14:08:08

DD often gets a little red in the cheeks that comes and goes. She had started sleeping on her tummy and her cheeks are rubbing on the sheets and it has made her little cheeks even redder, the skin also looks taught and shiny. Any idea what it could be ? Haven't changed laundry detergents.

ithinkitstimeforanamechange Thu 28-Apr-16 18:29:36

I have no idea! But my dd is getting a similar red cheeked thing too - I have thiught maybe teething?

fuzzyllama Fri 29-Apr-16 09:20:05

I thought teething too until I went to baby group yesterday, and the others who are teething, their rash looks completely different? Dd's comes and goes, looks a lot better today. How old is you dd?

SisterMoonshine Fri 29-Apr-16 09:22:55

My DD used to get that from being out in the cold/wind in a particular woollen cardigan. It turns out she's allergic to lanolin (found out later through creams).

SisterMoonshine Fri 29-Apr-16 09:23:47

Oh and now she's older, she's been getting a similar reaction to her parker furry hood throughout the winter.

SisterMoonshine Fri 29-Apr-16 09:24:43

Sorry, should mention though. That there is a thing called 'slapped cheek' it would be worth looking at the symptoms of to maybe rule out.

fuzzyllama Fri 29-Apr-16 09:36:25

I've looked into slapped cheek- she has none of the other symptoms associated with it, so I think it's safe to rule that out. Wondering if it was worse yesterday if she was more fidgety in bed causing too much friction. I put some e45 cream on before bed and this morning and it seems calmer.

ithinkitstimeforanamechange Fri 29-Apr-16 10:42:36

Fuzzy - she is 6 months. She has a cough and a cold now so I'm assuming hers is related!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now