Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone recommend a private paediatrician Manchester / Lancaster

(2 Posts)
snorepatrol Tue 26-Apr-16 11:07:04

I live in Lancaster but I don't think there's anything around here but
I can easily get to Manchester where I think I've got a better chance of getting a private paediatrician.

My little boy has been ill for about 4 weeks, he has been passed from GP to A and E to paeds and back again with a 'viral illness' which has now turned out to be a penicillin resistant tonsillitis.

He's been on amoxicillin (initially that he was resistant too) then I had a week of being passed from pillar to post being told it was just a viral infection. After 12 days of high temperatures I was actually taken seriously and seen in hospital where he was admitted and started on clarythromycin for 10 days that he finishes today but he is still really poorly.

He's 2 and in the past 4 weeks has dropped so much weight he's wearing 12month clothes again. He's so pale with dark eyes and he's still not eating properly but is drinking. He's still having temperatures too.
I know tomorrow will be another day of him being fobbed off again when I take him back to the GP.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a private paediatrician in Manchester that I could take him to who will see him and help come up with a plan?

Thanks

MPaediatrician Sun 08-May-16 12:46:43

Hi
Did you find someone?
Rashad

www.manchesterpaediatrician.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now