Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Private paediatrician - south of England

(5 Posts)
hebs72 Mon 25-Apr-16 23:52:52

Can anyone recommend a good private paediatrician? Our 8 week old DD is suffering from silent reflux, Gaviscon isn't working and the GP's advice was to give Infacol.......

She's getting worse and spent most of the weekend screaming in pain. I'm seeing another doctor on Friday and am going to ask for a paediatrician referral on the NHS (have HV on side as well) but I'm prepared to go private if necessary. We're Berkshire/Hampshire/Oxfordshire borders, but I'm wondering if it might have to be London?

bluecarpet Tue 26-Apr-16 12:04:42

Warren Hyer - GI stuff is his specialty
very nice man but based in London

Onthedowns Fri 29-Apr-16 17:10:35

I am Sussex but Michael Hii is our private gastro paed trying to suet out our DS same age!

Oly5 Sat 30-Apr-16 13:11:36

Hello! My ds has silent reflux until he was six months old. It was hell. We took the NHS route and they were very good, you will see a paed fairly quickly if the GP refers you.
I don't want to depress you but boring we tried worked in the end, he had gaviscon then omeprozole and another drug, and some very distressing tests with tubes down his throat.
What I can say is that by six months he was a different baby. Just grew out of it.
It will get better though I knew you are in hell now.
Is your baby bottle or breast fed? Little and often is the best way

Oly5 Sat 30-Apr-16 13:19:59

Nothing we did helped.. Not boring! Silly phone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now