Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds eye examination speckles found

(2 Posts)
cheekymummy89 Mon 25-Apr-16 15:36:08

Took my ds for his routine eye examination (he has a astigmatism in one eye) so wears glasses. the lady doing the exam dilated his eyes with drops as usual but during the exam she spotted what she described as speckles in one of his eyes. She assured us this was common and most people love there lives without any bother but she wants a second opinion on it. She told us we would receive another appointment for him within the next couple of months. We have received a call today asking us to take him in on Saturday for this exam which is only a week after his routine one so as you can guess I'm pretty worried now. I did ask at the exam worst case scenario what could it be and she was hesitant to answer me but just said it could be childhood cataract. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

bayworld Mon 25-Apr-16 23:13:13

So, it's in the lens in the eye if that's the answer she gave you. The lens in the eye often contains little opacities that do not worsen in children. If her sight is fine I wouldn't be the least bit concerned. Definitely go for the extra check-up though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now