Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Just a spot? (pic)

(4 Posts)
NewNameNoFace Mon 25-Apr-16 08:28:47

My nearly 4yo DS woke up with this, is it just a spot?

Nothing to worry about, bite maybe?

It's about the size of my thumb nail, so quite big on a small cheek.

Back story- when he was 2 we he was hospitalised with chickenpox that led to an infection that took 2 weeks of iv antibiotics to shift, sine then he seems more prone to stuff.

He has had prickly heat this week, that before antihistamines his face had swollen and he was trying to scratch off his skin.

Thanks

FusionChefGeoff Mon 25-Apr-16 09:04:29

My DS has one just like this under his arm on his torso. It's been there for 3 days now and no other signs of illness or other spots.

I agree with you it's really worrying as it looks so big on a small body!

I'm just desperately trying not to squeeze it putting savlon on and keeping an eye on it / him and hoping it goes away. It's not getting worse and doesn't seem to bother him. I've no idea what it is but not sure it's worth GP at this point.

Zaurak Mon 25-Apr-16 09:05:01

It looks like a spot. Give his backstory it's possible he carries staphylococcus on his skin and is prone to it getting out of hand? (we all do, of course but some of us are more prone to it causing more widespread or systemic infection)

I'd dab antiseptic on it and a small surrounding area and keep a hawk like eye on it. Any expansion, redness in surrounding tissue or fever = docs.

NewNameNoFace Mon 25-Apr-16 12:44:41

Thanks to you both, agree Geoff he keeps telling me to leave him alone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now