Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Stomach bug problems

(2 Posts)
orozing Mon 25-Apr-16 00:18:57

2 weeks ago dd (18 months) had a stomach virus. She vomited intensely for one day then occasionally for two more days then started having diarrhoea. I started her back on milk a few days after I felt the diarrhoea was getting better (she was begging for it) but it made her ill again. So I switched to soya milk and she seemed happy with that - or at least it stopped her crying.

However her poos have gone quite foamy and yellow. And also she has terrible flatulence. Is this the soya? Or just the virus continuing?

Plus is it normal to feel terribly guilty when she is begging and crying for food that she likes, but I can't give it to her because I know she will be ill? I am withholding dairy at the moment which is her favourite (milk and cheese) and she just cried so much because she thinks it is so unfair.

dementedpixie Mon 25-Apr-16 17:24:19

I wouldn't still be withholding 2 weeks after she was ill. Try small amounts and see how she gets on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now