Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS shaking legs

(6 Posts)
whatadrain Wed 20-Apr-16 18:29:06

DS1 (11) is severe autistic and has delayed speech and language. Today I noticed his leg was practically vibrating as he was standing up. I asked him if it hurt and he said no, but he did indicate that it was happening a lot. Should I get this checked or is that a bit PFB?

MattDillonsPants Thu 21-Apr-16 06:15:57

I would certainly get it checked out OP. Not PFB at all.

whatamidoinghereanyway Thu 21-Apr-16 06:28:08

It could be a vitamin deficiency? Get him a blood test.

whatadrain Thu 21-Apr-16 14:06:27

Thanks, I'll get it checked out. He was investigated for fits as a toddler but he grew out of them. Fingers crossed its just a muscle spasm or something!

Summerdaydreams1 Thu 21-Apr-16 21:37:57

Could it be clonus? My dd has cp and occasionally gets this, mainly in her ankle makes her leg shake. Caused by tight muscles.

prokupatuskrakedatus Fri 22-Apr-16 18:06:10

My DD's (ADS) left leg tembled and schook (sp?) especially in stressful (for her) situations. Neurologically everything was fine.
We were told that things like this can occur with kids on the spectrum (DS) and kids with ADS and that her body would stop doing it, when she'd be able to manage stress better.
She's a teenager now and the leg shaking has almost completely stopped.

So if there's nothing physically wrong - it could be a coping mechanism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now